"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
-Steve Prefontaine

Sunday, December 19, 2010

..regarding the cheesecake.

I was informed by one of my friends that my blog was too much about running, and not enough about cheesecake.  I responded with "really? you read my blog? thanks!"  Seriously, though, I will be making some delicious cheesecakes for Christmas season this year.  Definitely doing another Amaretto cheesecake with some toasted almonds on top, and I think I might go for a Blackberry one as well.  No I will not share the recipe unless we are close personal friends, since I have a cheesecake reputation to uphold.

I got to spend a week in Florida last week finishing out my training for the job with some very exciting lectures and meetings at the corporate office.  Worst part about it was that I had very little time to actually do anything besides sit in meetings and eat dinner.  Best part about the whole thing was getting to run outside while I was there... the 2 feet of snow in NY kind of tends to ruin that.  It was great, except the whole hotel/restaurant food thing wreaks havoc on my poor little "creature-of-habit" digestive system, and I realized after the first day that my shoes were just not going to cut it any longer. After doing a lot of reading about training and such, I figured out that the shoes I have are actually built for an entirely different stride-type than I have- which was leading to some pretty annoying tendonitis in my ankle, as well as making my toes numb.  Needless to say, that isnt really conducive to running distance, so today I bought new shoes.  And they are awesome.  I cant wait to go running.

The goal by the end of December is to have completed 3 10-mile runs so that I'm going into the new year with some distance under my belt.  By February I hope to have done a few half-marathon distances, and then continue to build from there.  Trying to tackle the unpleasant idea of actually starting to use sports drinks... because while necessary for performance, they taste like shit- I will do some experiments and see if I cant find one that isnt too terrible.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Yay cheesecake! :) But even more yay for new running shoes. Happy running!

    ReplyDelete